Display Filters Values for all reports

Gadi Glogowski shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello, currently a few of our customer have the setting "Display Filter Values" set to "No". They have over 200 reports each.

They would like to change the setting to either "Top" or "Bottom". What is the fastest way to change all reports to set this parameter?

We definitely do not want to go report by report to change it. Is there a way around it?

Thanks.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Gadi,

You can find this value in the reportformat table:

94fb77ae9a78dd255af321112cdcc748

When this is set to "NO", this row is removed.

A good way to do this on a per-client basis would be to adjust the following query:

SELECT * FROM 735yellowfin20170608.reportformat
WHERE 
ReportId IN (SELECT ReportId FROM reportheader WHERE IpOrg=1) 
and FormatTypeCode='FILTERDISPLAY' 
and EntityCode='TITLE'

Is this what you are going for?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan, are you doing INSERT, UPDATE? There are also some reports that do not have any entries in that table because we precreated most of the reports.

This is the query we previously did but it screwed a bunch of reports which duplicated many of the filters.

insert into ReportFormat
(ReportId, EntityCode, EntityId, FormatTypeCode, FormatCode) 
select ReportID, 'TITLE', 0, 'FILTERDISPLAY', 'TOP' from ReportHeader
where ReportID not in (select ReportID from ReportFormat where FormatTypeCode = 'FILTERDISPLAY')
and ReportID in (select distinct ReportID from ReportFormat where ReportID > 0)
Any insight?

photo

Hi Gadi,

Sorry for the delay here. A simple insert worked in my tests, but this was on a very simple report.

INSERT INTO 735yellowfin20170525.reportformat
VALUES (61827,'TITLE',0,'FILTERDISPLAY','TOP',0,null,0,0,0,null)

One thought in looking at the query, is that you may be inserting rows for append sub-queries as well which will have their own report id in the reportheader table. It might be worth adding a "WHERE parentreportid=0" to this query.

Can you describe the symptoms a bit more? Did all report experience duplication?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Gadi,

Any luck in resolving this one? I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but let me know if you would like to proceed with investigations here and it will be re-opened!

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file