Using user prompt filters that have predefined values

Xavier Ona shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hello, we are trying to use filters on a report and we've hit a snag, the report returns 600k+ records and it takes very long to run. The report has filters for dates that are "User Prompt", the problem is that the report has to return the whole data set before you can enter the dates that you want as filters.

Is it possible to predefine dates in the report level so that the report when first run gets only a week or month worth of data and lets the user change the filter if other dates are needed?

Thank you,

Xavier Ona

Best Answer
photo

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the post!

I think in this situation what might be best for you is changing your filter value to be "Mandatory". By configuring the filter to be a mandatory filter the report will not run until it's had values provided.

You can configure a filter to be mandatory by clicking the "Filter Formatting" link at the top of the page, selecting your filter and setting the "Filter Requirement" to "Mandatory". Please see my attached screenshot.

2b325947cc122bbc19d0c59bfbb933ff

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Cadell.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the post!

I think in this situation what might be best for you is changing your filter value to be "Mandatory". By configuring the filter to be a mandatory filter the report will not run until it's had values provided.

You can configure a filter to be mandatory by clicking the "Filter Formatting" link at the top of the page, selecting your filter and setting the "Filter Requirement" to "Mandatory". Please see my attached screenshot.

2b325947cc122bbc19d0c59bfbb933ff

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Cadell.

photo

That's exactly what we needed, thanks!

photo

Glad to have helped! :-)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file