Is YF login screen configurable?

Bill Perrello shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

We have YF 7.2 connected to our AD for user authentication. It seems that we have users that are challenged to understand that the userid/pwd is the same as the PC (AD) userid and password. I would be interested in configuring the login screen to have say a sentence of text that indicates this is the very same userid and password that they use to log into the PC. I searched through the Configuration table hoping it would jump out at me - also searched the knowledgebase. Did not find it. Is there the opportunity to add such a sentence? Also is the graphic that is displayed on the login screen also configurable? If yes for either of these - can you refer me to how. Thanks in advance.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Bill,

The login page is easily customized, by creating your own html/jsp page. The example code used to create the current login page can be found within the development section of your Yellowfin installation:

Yellowfin\development\examples\index_mi.jsp

This wiki article should get you started, but if you have any questions on this process please let me know!

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73/Custom+Login+Page

Regards,

Nathan

photo

You can close this Nathan. Your link was very helpful.

photo

Hi Bill,

Glad to hear it! Let me know if you have any problems customizing this.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file