GETFAVORITES seems to be returning duplicate entries in 7.3Plus

Stephen Short shared this problem 6 years ago
Defect Fixed

After upgrading to 7.3Plus, noticed that one of the webservice calls we make to return a list of favorites for a user (GETFAVORITES) seems to be returning duplicate AdministrationReport objects. The workflow I'm using to test this is:

1. Log in as any user, and then favorite a single report

2. On the workflow that calls the `GETFAVORITES` function, the AdministrationServiceResponse reports array contains 2 entries - and they are both the same report that was favorited in step 1. (all fields seem to match, UUIDs and everything).

As I didn't see this behavior on vanilla 7.3, I'm suspecting it may be an issue introduced in 7.3Plus.

I can get around this on our end by filtering duplicate results when mapping through the AdministrationServiceResponse, but this isn't ideal obviously, so I'm raising this to your attention to see if it is in fact a newly introduced bug.

Thanks,

-Stephen

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Stephen,

Just wanted to let you know that I am currently looking into this issue and should have something for you by tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Stephen,

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to replicate this and have raised a defect ticket to address this.

I will keep you up to date on this status of this, but please let me know if there is anything I can help with in the meantime.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

is there an update about this issue?

photo

Hi Carsten,

Unfortunately there has been no movement on this case yet. Sorry for the troubles. I will let you know as soon as the devs get time to approach this.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Carsten,

I just wanted to let you know that this issue has been fixed and should be included in the most recent builds of 7.3 and 7.4.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi,

no we don't make any updates at the Moment. I will do it the next weeks :)

photo

Hi Carsten,

Sounds good let us know if you run into any problems with that.

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file