User in Role without Reference Code perm can create/edit Reference Codes

Angela Williams shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

I have users in a role that does not have Administration > Org Reference Codes checked but they can still create/edit Reference codes when at the Column Formatting step when creating/editing a report.

They cannot view Reference Codes when going to Admin Console, however.

Is there another setting somewhere to disable/enable users' ability to create/edit Reference Codes when on the Column Formatting step?

I have attached screenshots using the demo data to illustrate my question.

This is occurring in 7.3 build 20170420 and 7.3+ build 20170410.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Angela,

I did some research on this and have determine that this is expected behavior, as the tool-tip for the role setting specifies that the user cannot edit or view Org Reference Codes from the Administration Console.

99ae769d334ae28fcf4dbf9f9b8bd5dc

At present, I didn't see a related Role setting to prevent users from editing Org Reference Codes in this manner.

That being said, I feel this is a great candidate for an Idea. These are created as candidates for Enhancement Requests. Before becoming a request, ideas will be reviewed by our Product Team and chosen for Enhancements based on feasibility, level of positive impact to the user experience, and votes from the community. I've gone ahead and converted this Issue to an Idea, you can monitor the status of its progression here.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file