Where does custom filter query gets stored in database

Sai Teja shared this question 25 days ago
Awaiting Reply

Hi,

I would like to know in which table does filter names, filter groups and custom filter queries get stored in the database. Does the database have a table where it stores custom filter query with their respective run time, similar to Report Duration in ReportInstance table?

Regards,

Sai

Replies (14)

photo

Hello Sai Teja,

My name is Sharwari Inkane from the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. We have received your support request, and I will be your primary contact on the following ticket:

Ticket Number: #30262
Case Title: Where does custom filter query gets stored in database

We would like to have a remote session with you to discuss further in regards to this issue based on your availability. I'm accessible from 3:30 pm to 10:30 pm IST, Monday through Friday. Please confirm your availability so we can send you an invitation.

Sincerely,

Sharwari Inkane

Yellowfin Technical Support Engineer

photo

Hi Sharwari,

I'll be available at 4:00pm IST.

Regards,

Sai

photo

Hello Sai Teja,

This is to inform you that an invitation to a team meeting has been forwarded to you for Monday, 23rd September at 4:00pm IST. To join the meeting, click the following link.

Join the meeting now

Meeting ID: 442 101 775 791

Passcode: ghxrxP

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Sai Teja,

I am actively looking into this matter to collect all the relevant information Please be assured that I am prioritizing this issue and will respond to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Thanks for your efforts Sharwari.

photo

Hello Sai Teja,

I have thoroughly reviewed the database tables in relation to the filter name, filter groups, and custom filter queries. The only relevant tables I found are cachedfilter and reportfieldtemplate. Unfortunately, there are no records pertaining to the runtime of the custom filter queries in the database.

If you need any further assistance or have additional questions, please feel free to reach out.

Regards,

Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Sai Teja

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Please let us know if you need additional support on this issue.

Thank you,

Sharwari Inkane

Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Hi Sharwari,

Thanks for reviewing the database. Can run time of a filter query added into the database along with custom filter query just like the report query? This would be helpful in detecting slow opening reports.

Regards,

Sai

photo

Hello Sai Teja,

This is to keep you informed that we have submitted a Jira task to the Product Team for further review or clarification. As soon as we hear back from them, I will update this case for your visibility. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or concerns; we would be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Sai Teja,

I just want to let you know that I have received the following response from the product team regarding your question:

To provide the best assistance, it would be helpful if you could share more details about the specific issues you're facing with slow-opening reports. Understanding your objectives will enable us to tailor our response effectively.

While there isn’t a built-in feature to log the runtime of filter queries directly, here are a couple of options to consider:

Caching Filters: Implementing caching for filters can help improve load times, especially for static values like country lists. This can be set up as a one-off or scheduled. For more information, please refer to our documentation:

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Filter+Formatting

Performance Factors: A slow loading report could happen with standard cache filters, where there are heaps of values, and it takes a while to load them from the repository database prior to displaying the report.

Likewise, the report could be slow if using Cached On Demand, and it is loading the values directly from the source database prior to opening the report.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Sai Teja

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you,

Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Sai Teja

If you are unavailable right now, you can always contact us again at a later time by opening a new ticket I will close this case by the end of business tomorrow if I do not receive a reply.

Thank you,

Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hi Sharwari,

Let me test and update by tomorrow.

Regards,

Sai

photo

Hello Sai Teja,

Thank you for the update. I look forward to your response by tomorrow. If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

Leave a Comment

Attach a file