Drill Through for Dashboards

Janus Engler shared this idea 27 days ago
Awaiting Reply

Hello everyone,

I thought it would be nice, if we have the feature to drill through on the Dashboard. This means, for example, there is a dashboard with a table and IDs. You click on one ID and get only the Informations from the clicked ID with the other rows.

This means, one more interactive feature, drill trough in the dashboard not the report and detailed informations with one click.

Maby this would be nice for the next updates.

Replies (8)

photo

Hello Janus Engler,

My name is Siddartha Pathi from the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. We have received your support request, and I will be your primary contact on the following ticket:

Ticket Number: #{30250}
Case Title: {Drill Through for Dashboards}

Sincerely,

Siddartha Pathi

Yellowfin Technical Support Engineer

photo

Hello Janus Engler,

I wanted to inform you that we have gone ahead and submitted an enhancement request to our development team based on your valuable feedback and suggestions. Our development team will be reviewing the request to assess its feasibility and potential implementation. We will keep you updated on the progress of this enhancement request and notify you once there are any updates

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Janus Engler,

Greetings of the day

I have two reports displayed on my dashboard, and they are both presented in table format instead of charts. When I select a row in one of the tables, a value from that row is utilized to automatically filter the other table.

Currently, our Dashboards feature this functionality, but it is only available when one of the reports is presented as a chart. When a user interacts with the chart by selecting specific data, known as "brushing," they can utilize the Link Interactions button in the report properties. This allows them to connect the filters from the chart to those in another chart, ensuring that both are updated simultaneously.

Could you please verify if both reposts in the dashboard include tables or charts, or if one report has a table while the other report has a chart? Please let us know if you have any further questions or if there is anything else we can help you with

Sincerely,

Siddartha Pathi

Yellowfin Technical Support Engineer

photo

Hello Pathi,

In my dashboard example there are two reports represented as tables. Both have the same IDs in one Column and yes the filter works. I just have the Idea, that when you click on one row (ID123434) and Drill Trough is enabled, he shows you only the one row in the dashboard and don't go into the report.

"I have two reports displayed on my dashboard, and they are both presented in table format instead of charts. When I select a row in one of the tables, a value from that row is utilized to automatically filter the other table."

How did you select the row in the table then? My Idea is that you can click on it to select it, like drill trough. Maby I forget some features.

Regards
Janus

photo

Hello Janus Engler,

Greetings of the day

Thank you for your response. I will review this with my team and get back to you.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Janus Engler,

Greetings of the day

Thank you for being so patient. There appears to be some misunderstanding regarding your requirements for our product team. I would like to inquire if you could provide a video or sample data to elucidate your needs, which I can then present to my product team.

Reagrds

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Siddartha Pathi,

videos gone be a problem, but next week I gone do some screenshots and descriptions.

Best Regards

Janus

photo

Hello Janus Engler,

Greetings of the day

Thank you for the response. We will await additional updates from you.

Regards

Siddhartha

Leave a Comment

Attach a file