Date Sorting in Filter

Dylan Erens shared this problem 6 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi,

I have set up a filter with a list of dates in the format '6 Apr 2017'. I have set the filter to allow the user to select specific dates in a list, and requested that it sort in descending order.

In the filter setup screen on the report, it shows that it sorts correctly in descending chronological order, but when I use the actual filter in the report, it sorts in descending alphanumeric order.

See attached screenshot.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Dylan,

Thanks for reaching out with the issue you're having. It would be helpful if you could include your version and build number. This can be found by visiting "Administration" > "System Information" inside of Yellowfin. This will be helpful in advising you when to update as this progresses through development.

I've successfully replicated this behavior and have escalated this as a defect in our internal ticketing system. I will keep this post up to date with further information on the progression of this issue through development.

Thank you,

Ryan

photo

Hi Dylan,

I wanted to update this ticket and let you know that this is marked as fixed for our upcoming April release, expected between the 15th and the 20th.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file