Is there a way to have browse screen sort 'stick'?

Mike Ryan shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi there,

Having recently upgraded to 7.3, we were wondering if there was a way to have the browse screen sort 'stick'?

What I mean by this is we commonly sort by 'Last Modified' but each time the browse screen loads it loses this sort preference where (we're sure) it used to in the previous version we used.

Thanks!

Danielle

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for getting in touch about this! Can you tell me precisely what build of 7.3 you're using so that I can test this accurately on my end? You can find this either by heading to the System Information section of the Admin Console, or by appending 'info.jsp' to the end of the base Yellowfin URL. (Mine looks like localhost:7373/info.jsp) Once you send this my way I should be able to test this quickly and escalate if necessary. Thanks in advance!

-Conner

photo

Sorry!

Build: 20170420

photo

No worries, thanks for the build info!

I should have time to test this and have a response out to you this afternoon.

Best,

-Conner

photo

Thanks, Conner! :)

photo

Hi Danielle,

Hmmm, I'm having some trouble replicating this on my end, using 7.3 20170420. Whenever I change a setting on the Browse page, move away, and then come back, my view setting sticks. I'm going to keep banging away on this, but, if possible, could you send along a short screen-grab video of the behavior? I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything. I would be happy to set up a screen share session for you to show me this as well, whatever is easiest for you. I should be free most of tomorrow. Just let me know, thanks!

-Conner

photo

Oh! My mistake, I was using the column headers to sort the browse screen - not using the 'sort' menu at the top of the screen.

Sorry for wasting your time!

photo

Hi Danielle,

No worries at all, it's what we're here for! I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as answered, but please don't hesitate to get tin touch with us with any other questions that you may have.

Thanks

-Conner

Leave a Comment

Attach a file