Linking Charts

Daniel Foss shared this question 15 days ago
On Hold

Can we add a link from one chart to another page so that we can build a drill-down workflow with our customers? Such as, a summary level chart on a report/dashboard being clickable that would take you to a different page with more details or that was specific to the high level data from the first chart.

Replies (8)

photo

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support. My name is Sharwari Inkane, and I'll be assisting you with the issue reported as Linking charts.

I will take a look at it with the details shared and get back to you with the findings shortly. Please let us know if you have any more questions; we will be happy to help.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Daniel,

Yellowfin already includes drill down functionality for reports and charts, allowing you to explore logical hierarchies within your data. Please refer to the following link for details:
https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Drill+Down+Reports

If this doesn't align with your needs, could you kindly share a screenshot or any other visual reference to help me better understand your requirements?

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Daniel,

I hope all is well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Daniel,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Yellowfin, I just saw these emails and will get you corrected to the correct people. I've added most to this message. 

Sent from a mobile device.

photo

Hello,

I do not believe we are seeking a drill-in functionality but rather if you click on a value in a chart or table, you would be able to link to another URL with the value of the point that was clicked embedded as a dynamic value into the URL such that deep linking can be done.

For example, let's say you clicked on a point {X-axis: time=14:59; Y-Axis: Revenue= 59} a URL could be a.b.com?t=1459&r=59.

photo

Hello Daniel/Amir,

In order to clarify the things, we would like to schedule a remote session based on your availability. I'm accessible from 09 pm to 06 am IST, Monday through Friday. Please confirm your availability so we can send you an invitation.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Daniel/Amir,

This is to keep you informed that we have submitted a Jira task to the Product Team for further review or clarification. As soon as we hear back from them, I will update this case for your visibility.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or concerns; we would be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

Leave a Comment

Attach a file