How to brushing to filter in a co-display chart

Nam Tran shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello all,

As I know, to create a report contains more than one chart, we had 3 solutions are "Dashboard", "Co-Display" and "Canvas" reports.

My requirement related to above reports are as below:

1. Create a report contains more than one chart with a scatter chart included, example "my report"

2. Have "another report" drill through to "my report"

3. If the users select one or more scatters in scatter chart, they should see other charts in "my report" refreshed just for the data corresponding to the scatter(s) they selected in the scatter plot

Question 1: Can we create a "co-display" or "canvas" report adapt to above requirement?

Question 2: If we must use "dashboard" report in this case, how can we setup "drill through" from "another report" to "my report"?

Thank you for the support.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Nam,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. Keep in mind that with brushing, there are some chart limitations, these can be found at the bottom of our Wiki Page on brushing. You only have one option to link chart brushing, and that's by using the 'Anlaytic Setup' in a dashboard. It's not possible to drill through from a report to a dashboard unfortunately. Additionally, mult-chart, "canvas", reports don't allow brushing. A "co-display" report can be drilled to, but doesn't support brush linking.

In short, you're scenario comes up on two limitations that prevent this exact layout. I feel the best you can do here is create one full dashboard, link the filters, and then link the brushing. This is all done through analytic setup.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Because it's not possible to drill through from a report to a dashboard, we cannot create one full dashboard, link the filters, and then link the brushing as you recommended above. Instead, I can only create a co-display report for now to layout three reports (the first report is a Scatter chart, the second one is a Donut chart and the last one is Line chart). There is a need for users to click a Scatter plot and then all these three charts are refreshed and filtered by the hyperlink value.

Per your answer above, it seems that it's not possible to implement this requirement in my co-display report, right?

Thanks,

Nam

photo

Hello Nam,

The scenario you've outline for a co-display report should be well within the functionality of Yellowfin. If you create a co-display report and layout three reports, you can link their filters in this manner. Brushing the scatter chart, however, will not affect the other charts.

Does this clarify?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thanks Ryan. Yes, it does.

photo

Hi Nam,

I'll go ahead and mark this as Answered. If you have further questions on this, don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file