Date filter periods - duplicate entry in german

Stefan Hall shared this problem 13 months ago
Defect Logged

Hi,

i have freshly installed version 9.8.1.1 and confirmed the observation from 9.8.0.1. The entry "last quarter" is duplicated and I'm not sure whether

• the translation is bad and it is two functions or
  • the entry is unnecessarily duplicated

Anyway, it is a defect. Happy to help

;) Stefan

3c20fb9aeb821e193cd72c09d579dc73

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for contacting the yellowfin support team,

I have also verified in both versions (9.8.1.1 and 9.8.0.1) and observed that the "Last Quarter" date filter period entry is duplicated.

As I can see in the Dev tasks, we have already logged Defect (YFN-24770) with the Dev team. Unfortunately, we do not have update on that, I have added your request as well into existing Jira Ticket. Updates to this task will be provided here as they are available.

Please feel free to respond here if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Sharwari

photo

Hi,
you have made changes in this area in the new version v9.9. Why don't you take the chance and fix these bugs at the same time?
;) Stefan

photo
photo

Hello Stefan,

I hope you are doing well. We are chasing up with the product team to expedite this issue. If there are any further updates from the product team on this issue, we will keep you informed.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hi Stefan,

I hope you're doing well.

I wanted to update you regarding the issue you raised. The Product team has informed me that, for the time being, you can work around the problem by de-selecting one of the duplicate entries. At this point in time, the issue raised is currently under the visibility of the Product team and certainly team would be planning to address it in future releases, potentially in version 9.11.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Regards,

Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Stefan,

Greetings for the day!

We have received an update from the development team that the issue is planned to be fixed in the future version 9.11. I will notify you when this version becomes available.

Once the fix is completed, we will certainly keep you updated on this page. If you have any questions, please feel free to revert back to the same thread, and we would be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Stefan,

I hope all is well,

This is to keep you informed that, according to the dev team update I have, the issue that was previously planned to be fixed in the 9.11 release will now be addressed in the 9.12 version. I will notify you when this version becomes available. When the product team responds with any new information regarding the same, I'll keep you informed about it. Feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hi Sharwari,

Thank you for the information.

If the entry is really duplicated, i.e. the same designation with the same function, it is not a major defect. However, if only the name is the same but the functions behind it are different, the situation would be different.

But seriously, the adjustment on your side takes less time than writing your information and now it should take another 6 months. I don't understand this approach.

;) Stefan

photo

Hello Stefan,

I hope all is well,

Upon investigation, I have confirmed that the entry is indeed unnecessarily duplicated. Moreover, our product team has suggested a straightforward workaround: you can easily resolve this by deselecting one of the duplicate entries immediately, without having to wait for a comprehensive fix. Given this workaround, the product team doesn't deem it necessary to prioritize this issue at a high level. However, I want to assure you that our product team is already diligently working on a permanent solution to prevent such occurrences in the future.

Please let me know if you have any questions for concerns.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file