NLQ - Export-Print Results

Zack Wilson shared this idea 14 months ago
Idea Logged

It would definitely be helpful for users to be able to quickly export or print results of NLQ question.

Is this possible?

Zack

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Zack Wilson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Yellowfin Support Team.

While we are investigating this issue, could you please let us know the exact version and build of Yellowfin you are currently using so that we can replicate the same and get back to you with the findings.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

e39d62e911ecdd6c3faffdd9df922eaa

photo

Hello Zack Wilson,

Unfortunately, we do not currently have an export or print option in the Ask a Question section.

However, we do offer few other options to export results.
1.We can add the result to the dashboard, story and presentation and then distribute.
2. Additionally, you can choose to open a report, navigate to the design area, and then export the outcome.

For your reference, I've also included a video showing the same thing in action.

These are the two alternatives yellowfin offer as of now, however if you still feel that an export/print option ought to be available in the Ask a question section itself for your better convenience, we can submit an enhancement request to the development team.

Let me know your thought on this.

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

photo

Yamini Naidu,

Yes. I am aware of how to do that. However, in our use case, we do not allow the dashboard/report building option to a majority of our users. So, for our users, there is not much of an option.

I believe this is a necessity for our use case and I would be surprised if it is not necessary for a lot of companies and users. If you would submit an enhancement request to the development team, that would be great!

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hello Zack Wilson,

Thanks for the confirmation

This is to keep you informed that we have created a ticket for enhancement to Dev team. We will keep you posted once we have some updates around this.

I have also shared Jira id with this ticket.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Yamini Naidu,

I would like this to be an idea that other people would be able to vote on. Do I need to do this, or can you convert it into an "Idea"?

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hello Zack Wilson,

I've logged this as an Idea for an Enhancement Request. Before becoming a request, ideas will be reviewed by our Product Team and chosen for Enhancements based on feasibility, level of positive impact to the user experience, and votes from the community. This post will be updated with any future information relevant to this process.

I have shared idea link below for your reference

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/26996

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

Leave a Comment

Attach a file