Report reset immediately executes the report without mandatory filter values

Stefan Hall shared this problem 12 days ago
Awaiting Reply

Hi,

I have a report with 1-2 mandatory filters (selection with multiple options) that is not run autom. and contains a lot of data.

When the user initially opens the report, he has to make a selection and confirm the filter. This works fine.

BUT, when the user resets the filter afterwards, the report is executed immediately without any filter setting. As a result, the report practically freezes due to the amount of data.

The behavior is wrong, the mandatory filters are not filled after the reset and the report should not be executed at all.

;) Stefan (YF v9.8.0.1)

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Stefan,

I hope all is well,

We have tried to replicate this behavior by following below steps.

Set filter.

Operand : equal to | Entry Style : Radio Buttons

Set filter format.

Filter Requirement : Mandatory | Value Entry Method : Value List Selection | Value List Setup : Cached Values | List Display Type : Radio Buttons Click ‘Reset’ bottom.

Are we also following the same steps? We would like to know few more details like the steps you followed in terms of setting up the mandatory filters.

Could you please share screen recording start from setting up mandatory filters and reset activity in design? Does it show any error on canvas side after using 'Reset'?

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hello Stefan,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

yes, I am still testing. If I follow your trivial approach, I won't have the problem either. I use a parent/child dependency for the filters. Maybe in this combination the reason or the report is just generally broken.

As a next step I rebuild the report completely, either it works or the problem is reproducible. I think I can give a well-founded feedback tomorrow.

;) Stefan

photo
photo

Hello Stefan,

Sure, we'll be waiting for your feedback. Please let us know how it goes.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

Ok, it seems complicated.

Filters:
- both filters mandatory, because of the amount of data
- 1 Filter: has 2 choices (option list).
- 2 filters: depends on filter 1 and offers a selection of about 125 entries each

Behavior:
Initial open - report waiting for my filter input (OK)
Reset - the wait icon curls and the question for long running appears (BAD)

In the log I see that YF tries to reload the filter lists, but unlike the initial start it encounters a nullpointer exception. I have attached it for you, maybe you or your developers recognize the problem. Without reset the report and the filters run perfectly and super fast.

photo

Hello Stefan,

I hope all is well,

Could you please share full logs folder with timestamp at the time of using 'Reset'.

You can upload on ftp using this link https://ftp.yellowfin.bi and share folder name.

Regards

Nishant

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file