upgrading Yellowfin configuration database

Sachin shared this question 14 months ago
Answered

I am currently on YellowFin 7.4.6 and using MySQL 5.6 . How can I find out if my current YellowFin instance will support MySQL 8.0 ?

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Sachin,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support

Unfortunately we don't have a tool to determine whether Yellowfin is compatible with a specific database or not.
I advise you to install MySQL 8 locally and test Yellowfin using it.
If there is a problem with a certain version, we can open a Jira to describe the issue.

Kindly let me know

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Can you guide where the new end points(the new endpoints resultant due to upgrade to MySQL 8.0) of MySQL database needs to be updated ? On the UI I don't see an option to update the same.

photo

I can confirm that Yellowfin does work with MySQL v8, at least YF v9+

You may need to update the driver and driver class in web.xml to get it to work

Also, depending on your setup, you may need to adjust permissions of the connecting user as v8 handles things like stored procedures and functions differently than v5.6

photo

Hello Sachin,

Hope you are doing well

Thank you Dean Flinter for your response on this matter.

@Sachin I would like to follow-up with you to see if you had chance to read through the response of Dean Flinter. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Sachin,

I just want to touch base to see if all is well, if you can let me know that would be great. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Yamini

photo

Sorry for delayed response. Yes, your guidance helped. You can please close the ticket.

photo

Hello Sachin,

I greatly appreciate the confirmation.
I will now close this ticket.

Happy to help!

Kind Regard

Yamini Naidu

Leave a Comment

Attach a file