Deleting Ad Hoc Reports

Brendan Codrington shared this question 15 months ago
Answered

Hi,

As a part of a report cleanup exercise (analysing YF metadata to identify drafts and reports not run in a certain date range), I've noticed all ad hoc reports remain in the metadata as draft but not accessible in the UI.

The intent of the cleanup is to remove unneeded content and lessen the load on views when they are cloned and re-activated - views that approach 1000 active reports tend to error and can corrupt attached reports.

a) are ad hoc reports included in the view clone metadata update (I assume they are as very old ad hoc reports are tied to the latest active viewIDs), and thus

b) can we mark them as deleted in the metadata (update their status in the reportheader table) to detach them from the view, or

c) is there a better way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Brendan

Replies (11)

photo

Hello Brendan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Yellowfin Support .

Could you please provide exact version/build you are currently using.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hi! Thanks for the quick response. We're using 9.7.1

Regards,

Brendan

photo

Hello Brendan,

I hope you are doing well.

Apologies for the delay, I believe we should set up a meeting to solve your issue on a live basis; if you are available for a remote session, please let me know your availability .

I'm accessible from 6 am to 3 pm IST, Monday through Friday.

Thanks!

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Brendan,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Brendan,

Could you please provide your availability for a remote session, so that we can roll out a meeting invite for the same .

I'm accessible from 6 am to 3 pm IST, Monday through Friday.

Thanks!

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Brendan,

I just wanted to let you know, as there has been no response to my previous replies, I will be marking this as closed due to inactivity - please feel free to reopen if you still require assistance here, I am happy to help .

Thanks!

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hi Priya, I was on leave over the New Year break hence no response, back now. Not sure a remote session is the immediate answer - can you please advise:

a) if ad hoc reports remain in the metadata in draft mode (it appears they do)

b) if changing their status to deleted will have any impact on related views or have no impact.

Overall goal is to delete all content associated with an active view so that when that view is cloned and updated it reduces the amount of content to be updated.

Thanks,

Brendan

photo

Hello Brendan,

Thank you for reverting back , Reports are in Draft mode but you are not able to access them from UI. If those reports are not usable you can change the status to delete in the reportheader table.

Views that are connected won't be affected by changing the status to delete. The report's data will be the only thing affected.

But before running any queries against your Yellowfin Configuration Database, please make sure you have full, up-to-date backups of both your Yellowfin Configuration Database and your Yellowfin Installation folder

NOTE: When running any queries directly against the Yellowfin Configuration Database it's possible to cause irrevocable data loss. This process isn't directly supported nor recommended unless otherwise advised to do so please make sure you have full, up-to-date backups of both your Yellowfin Configuration Database and your Yellowfin Installation folder.

Please revert back if you have any queries, Happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hello Brendan,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

photo

Hi Priya, thanks for confirming, we'll update the statuses of ad hoc reports to deleted.

Will close this ticket.

Thanks,

Brendan

photo

Hi Brendan,

Glad to hear that, Thank you for the confirmation .

Regards,

Priya Chegudi.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file