Why is there no German date format

Stefan Hall shared this idea 16 months ago
Idea Logged

I was already working with YF 7.x and now I am back with version 9.8. Unfortunately there is still no way to create the missing internatial common output formats. Many years ago I have already seen an idea for this here, but ...

We need a date in the format dd.mm.yyyy (a dot, instead of / or -). The then woraround FreehandSQL should not be a serious permanent solution for an international product, right?

BTW for the time it is similar, the hours should always be given with 2 digits. So also before 12 o'clock with 09 instead of only 9.

Have I overlooked something after years?

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for contacting the yellowfin support team,

For the dd.mm.yyyy format we have already logged the enhancement request with the Dev team. And i will go ahead add your request as well so that our dev team can get the insight on this.

Please note that as a current workaround we have 'Format' > 'Edit' by clicking the arrow next to the header of your valid Date column and change 'Date Format' to 'Other' and type in "dd.mm.yyyy" under Custom Date Format.

I will keep this post updated with further information regarding this case.

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Here are a few of the other ideas, unfortunately for documentation purposes only.

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/date-formating-options

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/hhmmss-time-format-option

photo

Hello Stefan,

Hope your doing doing good!

I will definitely make this a priority right now from my side, but ultimately, the Dev team will decide whether or not to take this enhancement on. I hope this feature will be included in upcoming releases!

If the development team sends me any updates, I'll share them here.

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

@Chris McCarthy,

a hint for your cleanup task . This idea and the ideas linked above have been implemented. So you can finalize them.

;) Stefan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file