Yellowfin 7.1 - Migration to LDAP Authentication and enabling SSO

Brendon Sandrey shared this question 15 months ago
Answered

Hi,

We have an embedded version of Yellowfin inside a third party vendor's product. Because of the way the product has been installed, we don't have an option to upgrade it.

But, we are trying to move to LDAP authentication and enable SSO.

So far, we've enabled the LDAP configuration and it seems to work.

I've worked through the process outlined in Converting Existing Yellowfin Users to LDAP Users | System Configuration | Community (yellowfinbi.com) and we with some manual password changing, we can get active directory users logging in using their AD password. That's the first win.

But, when I'm working through How does LDAP Single-Sign-On (SSO) work in Yellowfin? | System Configuration | Community (yellowfinbi.com) to enable the SSO, I'm coming a little unstuck.

I've created a role with the web services item checked, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

Can someone please point me in an appropriate direction to configure SSO for LDAP?

Thanks

Brendon

Best Answer
photo

Hi,

Reading into this further, we've discovered that to make this work we need to install the Yellowfin SAML Bridge and that's going to be an issue for us - the support for 7.1 isn't there and that would force an upgrade to 7.3 at a minimum.

At this point, the costs of doing so are outweighed by the costs of leaving the vendors wrapper around the existing 7.1 installation.

We've decided to not pursue this any further.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi,

Reading into this further, we've discovered that to make this work we need to install the Yellowfin SAML Bridge and that's going to be an issue for us - the support for 7.1 isn't there and that would force an upgrade to 7.3 at a minimum.

At this point, the costs of doing so are outweighed by the costs of leaving the vendors wrapper around the existing 7.1 installation.

We've decided to not pursue this any further.

photo

Hi Brendon,

I hope you're doing well.

I see that you've decided not to persue this endeavour, but let me know if you have any other questions around this topic.

I will note that Yellowfin 7 is out of support and we recommend upgrading to the latest version of Yellowfin - 9.8 - in order to stay up to date with the latest fixes to bugs and security vulnerabilities and newly added features.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Brendon,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file