Migrate Reports to Client Org

Jasper Dan Estareja shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Hi Support,

What's the best way to migrate reports, along with Access Filters, to a Client Org from the Default one? This is just within the same Yellowfin instance. I tried using the Export, but I lost all the Access Filters applied to the reports.

Surely there's a way to do this directly within ConfigDB, but I'm just not too sure which tables.

Thanks,

Jasper

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue. It sounds like this is fairly easy to replicate -

1. setup report that uses access filter in default org

2. export

3. import in client org

-access filter is missing

Does this sound accurate? If so I could test and get a request in to devs to look into this.

Thanks.

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

That's correct. Just note that the Access Filters are still within the Data Source, but when I checked on the Usage tab, it's empty.

Thanks,

Jasper

photo

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for the update, my behavior is a little different but similar -

1. Set Up Manual Access filter

76f5aeec85639c5d8a52c6d65f0ccd7a

2. Add access filter to View -

0328a95e58a72adbb000437e81a10684

3. Export YFX

bf7fd1a5fcaeb575305a6e372f9a9190

4. login to client org, import

eac8bfc4f32e307f32494d1a6627dc92

5. Access filter missing in admin console -

744dc3fd9390562dc8fa5b71e97aaf2d

6. Run imported report no data returned due to applied (missing) access filter

16548406faad20ee753b83a270637e44

Perhaps you're using a different type of access filter here, that "partially" gets included? Anything additionally to consider in testing possibly?

Despite our differences, access filters on client org import are not working, and I see this as a known limitation in an Idea post -

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/dependencies-that-are-not-included-when-exporting-content

In this case, I could get you added as an affected client and added to the task for additional visibility and tracking purposes. Does this sound like a good way forward here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

I think we have exactly the same experience, I just didn't open any of the report that was supposed to have Access Filters enabled, I only referred to the Usage tab within the Access Filter.

But anyway, can we manually migrate the reports from Default to a Client Org by changing ConfigDB values? I just need to know which tables are needed so I can do it safely without breaking things.

Thanks,

Jasper

photo

Hi Jasper,

A manual migration of this data would be out of scope for support unfortunately, however this is the type of thing our consulting partners have had success with assisting clients in the past, do you know whether your organization has any extended services hours available as per contract? Feel welcome to reach out to an account manager for additional options. I can also get you added to the existing developer task if you'd like.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

We will do the migration. We just need to know which ConfigDB tables are involved, I can then write up the SQL codes.

Actually, the last support agent we talked to gave us the tables and an SQL script to disable user access from the Default.

Thanks,

Jasper

photo

Hi Eric,

Just another update, I noticed that after moving the reports to the Client Org, when you refresh the Access Filter to get the users, it also populated the Usage tab. Then after checking on the reports, the Access Filter is enabled.

Looks like it's just a bug that it doesn't populate the reports/views using the Access Filter until you manually refresh it.

You may close this case now.

Thanks,

Jasper

photo

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for the update here. I'll go ahead and mark this question as Answered at this time, feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file