Dashboard filters to remember user selection like they do at report level.

Edgar Kautzner shared this idea 18 months ago
Idea Logged

As it stands Dashboard filters will generally only take default values from a report which has filters added to it. The "Remember Filter Values" option only applies to Report level filters. It is essentially there so you can run a report and then next time you run it, it will run with the exact same filter set.

We want this to be applied at Dashboard level, maybe we could implement a "Remember Dashboard Filter Values" toggle at the dashboard level.?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Edgar,

I hope all is well,

I have gone ahead and logged this as an Enhancement with our development team.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Edgar,

Is this enhancement completed and in which version of yellowfin it has been deployed?

photo

Hi Abhishek,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately this has yet to be implemented. I will have this chased up with our wider team to see if we can get some movement.

Whilst we await updates (implementation) on this can I ask if the option of Dashboard Bookmarks would be of any help as a solution for now? You can find additional information here: https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Dashboard+Bookmarks

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Abhishek,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read my previous response, if you can get back to me that would be geat.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Abhishek,

I hope all is well and I hope you had a great weekend. Going forward I will re-mark this ticket to Idea Logged. If you wish to discuss this further, please let me know. In addition feedback would be great with regard to my option of using Dashboard Bookmarks.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file