Undocumented Yellowfin Web services API

Eran Withana shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

The article here talks about an undocumented set of API calls to Yellowfin.

1. Will these continue to be supported in Yellowfin just like the other web services calls documented here?

2. How can I get the WSDL related to these calls? I can see the WSDL for the documented ones from /services endpoint but I don't see these undocumented ones there

3. How can I enable these API calls?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Eran,

1. yes, they will continue to be supported just like the other web services. We just haven't got around to adding them to the relevant Wiki pages yet.

2. The WSDL is dynamically created, so it always shows the correct elements of the current schema.

3. You don't have to enable them, you should be able to use them by default. The only thing to watch out for would be the build of your yfws jar file (to be found in \development\lib), if it is old then it may not have those new functions. Please let me know which build you have.

regards,

Big Dave

photo

Thanks Dave. How can I access that dynamically generated WSDL file?

Since the API we are using through the yfws jar is dynamic, its a bit harder for us to figure out the methods and structure of the input and output elements. But we can try if we have the WSDL file

photo
photo

Hi Eran,

hmmm, I think we are perhaps misunderstanding one another...I was referring to the WSDL from the /services endpoint that you were talking about.

I'm wondering if you're expecting a different web service for each different function? For Yellowfin we offer just the one service for all functions, but then you according to what you send in your request a different function will be called.

I think a good idea would be for you to tell us a function you'd like to use, and then we'll send you the directions of how to do so.

regards

Big Dave

photo

Hi Eran,

I'm just going through my work list and checking up on things and I noticed that you haven't responded to this in over a month so I'm asking whether you would like this ticket to be closed now or kept open?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Eran,

it's been 2 weeks since my last communication about the status of this ticket and there has been no response, so I'm going to close it, however if you feel that is incorrect then just respond and then the ticket will re-open and appear back on my worklist.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file