Calculating Business Days

Tessa Valenti shared this idea 20 months ago
Idea Logged

I'm trying to calculate business days for use in a calculated field. Would love some assistance. Thank you!

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Tessa,

Thanks for reaching out. This type of content creation assistance is usually reserved for our consulting department, do you know whether your organization has any Extended Services time available with us?

That said, if you can provide a description of the calculation in question or the objective here, I can leave this for comment from the larger community.

photo

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response. I am unsure whether we have any extended services time.

I am trying to calculate business days in any given month. The Days between function is working however I require just business days.

Thank you

photo

Hi Tessa,

You may have success creating a custom advanced function for this -

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Creating+Custom+Advanced+Functions

I could also create a task to include "business days" along with "days between" if that's a preferred solution. Let me know how you'd like to proceed here.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

If you could create a task to include "business days" that would be great.

Thanks,

Tessa

photo
photo

Hi Tessa,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to review my reply at this time.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Thank you. If you could assist in creating a task, that would be great. I am yet to find a solution.

Cheers,

Tessa

photo

Hi Tessa,

Apologies, looking back i didn't see your initial response.

Thanks for the clarification. I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into potentially adding this functionality to a future version of the application. I've attached this ticket to the task and added your organization as an affected client for tracking purposes. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thank you Eric. Looking forward to an update

photo

Just checking to see if there are any updates on this ticket for Business Days Between. Thank you.

photo
photo

hi Mary,

No updates to report at this time; you can request an escalation on task id YFN-24692 though your account manager for additional prioritization.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file