Field ordering within view folder

Mandy Howard shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

Our application orders fields within folders alphabetically by label (in our case these labels reflect what is seen in the forms I mentioned above) and we order the fields by these labels that include the order number representing how they are ordered on the form. In Yf, field ordering within folders is manual via drag and drop.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Mandy,

I can see how having the ability to sort columns alphabetically would be useful.

What we could do is add a feature that lets you sort alphabetically, which applies to each individual folder. But you can then manually move columns around, however if you hit the sort button again it then goes back to A > Z , Z > A etc..

Have logged a product idea with the team, and will let you know of any updates. At this point in time, no ETA can be provided.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David, has this product idea progressed at all? Would love to see it - we have some folders with a lot of unsorted data fields and manually updating them is quite laborious!

Thanks,

Brendan

photo

Hi Brendan,

No immediate plans as yet sorry.

Will keep you posted on any changes.

Please let us know if there was anything else you were after.

Regards,

David

photo
photo

This enhancement would be very beneficial. Push this!

photo

Hi Bob, I'm happy to tag you to this enhancement, though in order to do this I would need to tie you to an Yellowfin user.

If you could change your community account to use your work email, which should be tied to our accounts I can put your name in the list of users wanting this.

Thanks,

David

photo
photo

This is the email I use for support from BMC Software and will use it for this. I am a contractor for NASA using BMC Remedy Smart Reporting which uses yellowfin. I logged a support issue with BMC for this and they pointed me to this enhancement at yellowfin.

Hook me up any way you have to, this is really needed.

Thanks

Bob Ellington

photo

Thanks Bob, I'll just attach BMC to it.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file