Use row number in section as filter

Diogo Thomaz shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Can we add a filter in a report with sections such that only if the number of rows in a section is more than, for example, 3, the subsection shows?

Thank you,

Diogo

Replies (10)

photo

Hey Diogo,

I hope you are well!

You are able to add sections to your reports, though this is usually a section of category.

For example, here is my section with Agency Type -

05dd87a5d25ef2324001777e07412a29

And then in design we can see the 2 sections Agency & Online -

0a9bb5af0ce229435962483d106bd238

Would you be able to explain further by the rows showing more than 3 results?

Do you wish to only show the top 3 results for each section? Or the 3 latest results?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hello Lesley,

What I want is the following:

1. I have a report that looks for specific events that happen in a fish farm. Each event is a line on the report for the farm. Some farms show 1 event in total others more than 1.
  2. I want to use farm as a section so I see all events in each farm separately
  3. I want to see only the farms with 3 or more events. Therefore, I want to filter out the sections where 0, 1 or 2 events are recorded.

Is this clearer? And if yes, is this possible?

Thank you

Diogo

photo

Hey Diogo,

Thanks for your response -

Could we jump on a screen share tomorrow afternoon Via Teams - It would be easier if I could see what fields you are using in your report, As I do not know if this will be so simple using 2 fields, and adding 1 into sections.

Let me know a time that works for you and I can send across an invite to your email - Or let me know if Thursday would work (available all day on Thursdays)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hello Lesley,

Thanks for that. Tomorrow after 1pm CET works for me. Check your schedule and send me a meeting link.

Best regards,

Diogo

photo

Hey Diogo,

Yep, I am available at 4pm CET if that works?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hello Lesley. 4pm is good although I have to leave at 4:30pm. 30 min should be OK to explain what the issue is.

Thank you and best regards,

Diogo

photo

Hey Diogo,

Yep that should be enough time :)

I have sent the invite - I look forward to speaking with you then

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Diogo,

I hope you are well!

Just to update you I have received a ski team example from a colleague of how to achieve your desired results - I am going to first try to re-create another example from his, and then I will be able to give you the steps on how to do this!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hello Lesley,

Sofia has managed to use a subquery to count the number of rows and use a filter on that sub-query to limit the report to cases when the count is greater than 1 or 2.

So, I believe we found a solution for this. No need to invest more on this.

Thanks for your effort.

Best regards,

Diogo

photo

Hey Diogo!

Oh thats brilliant news! The example I had been given was actually very similar!

I am very pleased to hear this :)

I will go ahead and mark this ticket as complete - I hope you enjoy the rest of your week

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file