Add capability to mass update source view during import

Dillon Hoefener shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

I'd like a feature to be added to the settings menu of the import UI to include an option to do a mass update of the source view of reports, much like the existing data source and folder change options.

Use case: I've got an export file with 100+ reports all using the same data view, and it is quite tedious to swap out the view when needed during this process since you have to click on each individual report and update it. I understand this is not a process that needs to be/should be done very often, but it would be nice if it wasn't such a pain when required.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Dillon,

If I understand you correctly, I think this is already possible. If you use the Settings button at the top of the import page, I think you can swap all views to one in the new system

Thanks

Dean

photo

Dean,

Where is this setting located? I can only change the folder structure and data source in these settings.

photo

Hi Dillon,

Apologies, I was going off memory and confused the data sources for views

photo

Hi Dillon,

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestion.

I've logged this as an Idea for an Enhancement Request on your behalf, Ideas will be reviewed by our Product Team and chosen for Enhancements based on feasibility, level of positive impact to the user experience, and votes from the community. This post will be updated with any future information relevant to this process.

If you had any questions on this, or anything else please feel free to reach out.

Warm Regards,

Deepak

Leave a Comment

Attach a file