Importing reports between different versions

Jon Potian shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Is it possible to import reports from a previous version into a newer one? We are using the BMC branch of Yellowfin and have upgraded our instance from version 7.3 to 8.0.6. What are the ramifications if we do an import to the new instance from the old? Thanks!

Best Answer
photo

Hi Jon,

Unfortunately we can't be accurate with what can actually happen, however i've seen reports of missing date, incorrect conditional formatting, filters failing etc. of which may result in the corruption to views. Going forward the import/export process is more intended to move projects from test environments to staging/production environments.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Jon,

I hope all is well,

Officially Yellowfin does not support exporting and importing across different versions however, it IS still possible to do, but you may encounter errors as stated within the warning popup that you get having attempted this;

944572d817525667b9574f942af4c6ef

Let me know if this helps Jon.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks for the reply. What sort of problems would we encounter? Would it be the report does not display results properly? Or something more serious like corrupting the view or database?

photo

Hi Jon,

Unfortunately we can't be accurate with what can actually happen, however i've seen reports of missing date, incorrect conditional formatting, filters failing etc. of which may result in the corruption to views. Going forward the import/export process is more intended to move projects from test environments to staging/production environments.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Appreciate that additional detail. Thanks again!

photo

Hi Jon,

No problem, pleased I could assist, going forward I will mark this Question as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file