Percentage Calculation in data report is not working

Karthick shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I am trying to create a report with the percentage calculation, i am not getting whatever i need like

Example

(Column A / Column B)*100 = 89.98

, please find the attached file for your reference.

If your team want session i will provide session in ZOOM to fix this or suggestion.

Best Answer
photo

Hi Karthick,

Just from looking at the screenshots you provided, it appears that you are receiving an integer value as the result of your initial division, which will always return 0 or 1. I would suggest adding 1.0* to the beginning of this equation to force Yellowfin to convert these to a float/decimal.

If you would like a screen-share, please let me know what time works best for you. I am on United States Mountain Time.

Regards,

Nathan

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Karthick,

Just from looking at the screenshots you provided, it appears that you are receiving an integer value as the result of your initial division, which will always return 0 or 1. I would suggest adding 1.0* to the beginning of this equation to force Yellowfin to convert these to a float/decimal.

If you would like a screen-share, please let me know what time works best for you. I am on United States Mountain Time.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

As you told i tried it working fine thank you.

photo

Hi Karthick,

Glad to hear it! I am going to close this ticket for now, but if you run into any additional problems, just reply and the case will be re-opened.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
photo

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your reply, already i tried by changing the two column decimal value equal to 2 then also same.

I would like share my screen, is zoom session is fine for you or how can i share my screen for you.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file