Report Broadcast every 2 hours at a specific time

Sridhar shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hello Team,

We have a requirement to schedule a report’s broadcast to run every 2 hours at specific times(eg.: 2pm, 4pm, etc). Though I can set the frequency to minutes and the value to 120 which runs every two hours, but is there a way to set the start time explicitly similar to what we have in the daily frequency.

a3c55127715e7f1b1fbc6b6dd0766e11

a9f9ef27389ba014bfab4f8aa419ffa0

Yellowfin 7.4 Build 20190131

Thanks,

Sridhar

Best Answer
photo

Hi Sridhar,

We are yet to implement start times for hourly/min frequencies. You can however achieve what you're after by;

-Setting your broadcast to start when you set it up.E.g. If you want it to run at 2pm , 4pm, 6pm etc.. You would set your broadcast up at 2pm to run every 120 minutes. That set's your start time as 2pm .

-Create multiple daily broadcasts at the specified times. This would be time consuming, as you would need to set up 12 broadcasts per report (if running every 2 hrs).

I have however created a product feature request (aka 'idea') on your behalf, which will allow other users to find, vote and then later be reviewed by the product teams. At this point in time it is not currently planned for a future release, however I'll update you if any of this changes.

Hope one of the above alternative solutions helps you, and please let us know if there was anything else you were after in the meantime.

Regards,David

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Sridhar,

We are yet to implement start times for hourly/min frequencies. You can however achieve what you're after by;

-Setting your broadcast to start when you set it up.E.g. If you want it to run at 2pm , 4pm, 6pm etc.. You would set your broadcast up at 2pm to run every 120 minutes. That set's your start time as 2pm .

-Create multiple daily broadcasts at the specified times. This would be time consuming, as you would need to set up 12 broadcasts per report (if running every 2 hrs).

I have however created a product feature request (aka 'idea') on your behalf, which will allow other users to find, vote and then later be reviewed by the product teams. At this point in time it is not currently planned for a future release, however I'll update you if any of this changes.

Hope one of the above alternative solutions helps you, and please let us know if there was anything else you were after in the meantime.

Regards,David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file