Can I drill from one dashboard to another?

Ashleigh Gray shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a few dashboards for a client and they want to be able to link from one to another. For example, the data contains a hierarchy, say 1->2. The main dashboard views the data at level 1, and the secondary dashboard views the data at level 2. The reports on the two dashboards contain different measures, so drill through is not an option. I'm wondering if it is possible to be able to click on one of the values of the first dashboard, pass it through to the second dashboard and use it as a filter to view the data at the next level down in the hierarchy?

At the moment I can seem to do is drill down the first dashboard to view it at level B. For example, if the first dashboard has reports at level 1 with measures A, B, and C, and the second dashboard has reports at level 2 with measures D, E, and F, all I can seem to do is drill down to view the first dashboard at level 2 with measures A, B, C. My other option seems to use drill through to link each individual report to other reports. This works but I would ideally like to be able to view all reports together in the dashboard layout rather than one at a time. Is it possible to link a report in a dashboard to another dashboard altogether?

Regards,

Ashleigh

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Ashleigh,

While it is not possible to link between dashboards, you can link data between sub-tabs on a dashboard in the normal means.

85efd983aad4bd74e1ce8e6c25a049d9

Within the analytical setup, reports from this tab will show up as if they were on the primary dashboard tab. Is this relevant your needs?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

While that doesn't solve my problem, it does help with another problem I was having with sharing filters across dashboards. I didn't think it was possible to drill between dashboards, so thank you for confirming that. Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Ashleigh

photo

Hi Ashleigh,

No problem! I am going to close this ticket for now, but if you run into any issues, just let me know and the case will be re-opened.

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file