How to undo the last change made on a report or dashboard or presentation

anqi shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi

Are there equivalent ctrl + z (undo) and ctrl + y (redo) features on YellowFin? e.g. in the report, recovering a column in Data that was accidentally deleted

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Emily,

Undo and redo works in some situations, such as when creating Dashboards, building Presentations or writing Stories. You can find when editing one of the aforementioned types of content at the top of the screen:

/9cdcd744575b245d6fdcd3d33e054489

However, undo doesn't work in Reports currently. For this reason we recommend creating copies and drafts of reports. You can also use the 'undo changes' feature to revert back.

I hope that answers your question :)

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Thanks Chris. though we have to build the reports first before we do the dashboards, and actually the report phase is where a lot of the group work happens. Is there a way to see if this undo feature can be added to the report? OR is there a way to do save a copy without it exiting the Edit mode every time?

photo

Hi Emily,

Being unable to undo in the report builder is a great idea, so I'll raise an enhancement request with the developer team for that! Hopefully we can see it in a future version of Yellowfin. I'll change this to an idea post as well.

As for saving copies, it's possible to publish the report with a different name, effectively saving a copy from the editor.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file