Clean ReportBroadcastResult table

Daniel Marrujo shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hello Team,

we have 98 million rows on this table, what could be the best way to clean it? and what is the impact of this table being that big?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out with this.

I am currently looking into the best way to remove entries from the ReportBroadcastResult table and will update this with the method I find promptly.

As for the impact of this table being this big, I believe we are mostly going to be seeing a hit on disk space as I haven't found a process that queries this table in a large manner in my testing as of yet.

Best,

Jared

photo

Thanks I'll wait for your response

Regards,Daniel Marrujo

photo

Hi Daniel,

The content within the ReportBroadcastResult table is audit content. That being said the importance of this data is up to you. If we want to remove these rows we certainly can without hurting the system.

I should note that when running any queries directly against the Yellowfin Configuration Database it's possible to cause irrevocable data loss. This process isn't directly supported nor recommended unless otherwise advised to do so. Before running any queries against your Yellowfin Configuration Database, please make sure you have full, up-to-date backups of both your Yellowfin Configuration Database and your Yellowfin Installation folder. This way, if something goes wrong you can revert back to your current state.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this!

Best,

Jared

photo

Hi Daniel,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

Please mark this as resolved thanks!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file