Table Formatting - Borders Bug

Tal Mickel shared this problem 6 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hey,

When we try to set borders to each and every one of the columns, it doesn't work. The borders will not show. However we've found that if we set the 'Data' - Style section to custom - it works.

It happens in every report, no matter the content.

Let us know if you need additional info.

Thanks

Dor & Tal

Best Answer
photo

Hi Sebastian,

I can confirm this is planned for the 7.2 EOM June.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (13)

photo

Hi Dor/Tal,

I hope all is well,

This is a known procedure for us, please see below an explanation of this:

The custom border format will not be applied unless the "style" toggle in the data section of the column formatting menu is set to "custom". The style toggle should actually be hiding the whole borders section if it is set to default. Please see the screenshot below showing this option;

a852ea12cadaec24a7c3854f2d3cb5e1

Going forward with this we are currently in the process of updating our build to show the behaviour of the menu to do this, so that the user knows that no border options will be applied unless the style toggle is set to on. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hey Mark,

We actually have an idea for you.

Borders are very helpful to create a sense of a defined table. We found that it is easier to look at a table which is bordered, and our users do that most of the time.

The problem is that when you enclose it to the data style, it demands another action from the user that didn't want to custom the table style, but the borders. By that, it extends the building time of the report.

We would be glad to see this option works as a standalone feature, without the need for additional actions to reach it.

Best Regards,

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Tal,

I suspect this would be the way forward and the direction that YF want to take the border UI in. I have raised this as a Bug within JIRA with the ID of YFN-5489 and so far to this I have had Dev address this by stating the following: "we are currently in the process of updating our build to show the behaviour of the menu to do this, so that the user knows that no border options will be applied unless the style toggle is set to on."

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Tal,

I hope all is well,

I have since had confirmation that this issue will be corrected in next months build (May EOM). I will continue to keep this ticket active and marked as "Defect Logged" having had this tested and released I will then change this status. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

we are using YF 7.2 build 20170404 and while testing our YF 7.1 reports within our YF 7.2 test system I also experienced the same issue. Our standard border setup within all reports is different from the YF standard border setup (position = top AND colour = light blue):

a723fa5013dd4e4d2c5880ef11dece6a

But I have not found the place where to define this border setup for our whole YF instance. Could you show me the right place to do this? Otherwise I have to set all our reports to Custom Style within the Data Area in order to show the correct border. I really would like to avoid this.

Thank you for your feedback!

Kind regards

Sebastian

photo

Further to my last post I have since had further updates regarding this from our Devs, please see the below:

Cell border formatting was not working in 7.3 because it was checking that the Data Style formatting was set to "Custom". This however, was incorrect, since border formatting IS independent of data formatting. Report border and data formatting works this way, and both should be consistent. This was working this way in 7.1.

The check has been removed and now cell border formatting is working normally.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

thank you very much for your quick response. One short follow-up question regarding the following statement:

"The check has been removed and now cell border formatting is working normally."

Will this fix also be included in the YF 7.2 May EOM build or only in YF 7.3?

Thank you & kind regards

Sebastian

photo

Hi Sebastian,

I have looked through the JIRA notes and from what I can see this looks to be released within the 7.3 May EOM. I have just this second questioned with the Devs if we will be seeing this within the 7.2 release. I will keep you updated as soon as I hear any news (I would expect tomorrow). I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Sebastian,

I hope all is well,

I have just had feedback from our Devs and they have informed me that they have this planned for the 7.3 EOM May but not for the 7.2 as this was originally reported as an error for 7.3 and not 7.2. Going forward I have had confirmation that they will also place this within the 7.2 EOM June. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

thank you very much for your feedback. I can confirm that this issue is also a YF 7.2 issue and we would be really happy if this fix could be included into the EOM June build.

Thank you & kind regards

Sebastian

photo

Hi Sebastian,

I can confirm this is planned for the 7.2 EOM June.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Dor here, I confirm it got fixed :)

photo

Hi Tal,

Thank you for confirming that this has been fixed. I will go ahead and mark the status of this to Defect Fixed.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file