Inclusion of bookmark addition and removal in the Event table

Dillon Hoefener shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

I have a dashboard with custom code widgets, dashboard JS, and custom JavaScript charts and found that when I removed a default filter bookmark the report did not update accordingly.

To handle this, I need to account for this scenario in my code. I didn't find anything in the wiki on the JS API references for this and tested to see what filter events would fire when this happened, and only the 'applied' and 'changed' events fire when a bookmark is removed while its filters are applied, which are not useful for handling this.

I would like to suggest the inclusion of bookmark addition and removal as Events in the Event tables.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Simon,

Is there any update on this?

I've had another use case come up for which I need to allow users to save report drill states using the bookmarking feature. I need to distinguish between when a bookmark is applied from when a filter value is changed via some other method.

I have a functional method of doing this by saving the drill state to a dashboard parameter that is updated when drilling, but my code needs to be able to handle when the filter is updated via the bookmark feature instead of my code in order to auto-drill on launch.

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Attach a file