Get Dashboard UUID by Dashboard Name - API

Dillon Hoefener shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

Currently, I need to make sure I update the URL manually if a new copy is made of the target report with the new UUID. It is a frequent practice to make copies when creating new versions so I was just wondering if there was a dynamic way to get the UUID of a dashboard based on its name.

That might be a useful enhancement to add as an API function call. Get dashboard UUID by name.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Simon,

Is there any way for me to obtain the dashboard UUID from code mode for a dashboard different from the one I'm editing?

I have a use case where we have a dashboard that links to another dashboard where we have a high-level summary on the starting dashboard and then a dashboard that has a dimension breakdown summary that users need to be able to nav to.

Thanks

photo

Hi Simon,

Yes, that is correct. So, since I cannot obtain a different dashboard's UUID from the code mode of the dashboard I'm in, how would I be able to link to one dashboard from another? Right now, since the URL takes the dashboard UUID as parameter to nav to a dashboard, I have to hardcode the UUID in code mode, which is unreliable since this will change over time.

photo

Simon,

Got it, given your explanation I expect it is not an issue to hardcode the UUID in the code then, so this is what I've done. Thanks for the explanation.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file