Visible Unit Selection: Change granularity of table

Daniel shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Dear support,

I have enabled the "Visible Unit Selection" for a time series chart.

/9fd824e03024efb2c326a4be4fc4c7a0

This works well, but users might get confused that the table below the chart is still showing another granularity. If I choose week on top of the chart, the table remains in days.

/645c83f99f9c98758dc2fc349bd4ded1

Is it possible that the table receives the same granularity selected in the chart?

Best regards,

Daniel

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Daniel,

You could use Sections, in the Data tab of the Report Builder, and drop your date column in there. Then go to the Section Formatting, and change the Section Style to Tabbed. That should allow you to create a chart where the table of data updates, depending on which section you click.

Let me know if that works for you.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your reply. I added the date column to the section area as you have described and applied "Tabbed" as section style. The effect is, that for each single day a new tab is created. The chart and table show only one day per tab.

/d8ebe2d9d51099708c20b64ecaed2e7f

What I want to have are five tabs (day, week, month, quarter, year) in the same manner as the visible unit selection of the chart. How can I achieve this?

Best regards,

Daniel

photo

Hi Daniel,

I see what you mean. Unfortunately it's not possible to link the chart and table data in that way, except with the user of filters, (however that would overwrite using the visible unit selection)

I could create an enhancement request if that's something you're interested in seeing in a future build of Yellowfin.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

I think this setting option would be useful for other customers as well so I would be thankful for creating an enhancement request.

Many thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Daniel

photo

Hi Daniel,

No worries. I've gone and created an enhancement for you. I'd be interested to see what the dev team think of it, as I believe the implementation might run in to some problems if you had a report with extra columns that aren't being used in the chart. I'll convert this to an idea post and move this over to enhancement logged, if you're happy with that?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

That's fine for me. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Daniel

photo

Hi Daniel,

No worries, enjoy the rest of your week!

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file