Adjust width of columns in report table embedded in Story, to avoid scrolling

Sam shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I have some tables I'm embedding in a Story. When I do, they look clunky and require scrolling. Here's one:

/6525bd1893e748fcd38847a173cded42

I get that the width is confined by the Story, but I'd like to avoid the scroll bars. That could be done by making the left-most column narrower ("Short Term Target") and the table displaying longer -- then neither scroll bar would be needed.

Is there a way I can adjust the reports or story to avoid these scroll bars? I can adjust the column widths in the Report -> Design area, so they look like this:

/166d6c85da6ca1295683146adfc6a137

But it doesn't change how the report looks in the Story.

Thanks for any ideas you can offer!

Sam

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Sam,

Thanks for reaching out to support. Could I ask what specific version Of Yellowfin 9 you are using in this case? I'm in 9.5.1 and things look to be "resizing" okay without scrollbars.

61d6a886746bf1b740e260e2a9096d47

If you're not on the most recent build of version 9 I would recommend an upgrade test, would this be possible? I do see a couple tasks in our dev platform that might have fixed this.

Thanks, Eric

photo

Ah, interesting. We are on 9.3.1 because we've had trouble installing 9.5.1. I'll circle back to this ticket after we get the update completed and let you know if that does it.

photo

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply. I do believe an upgrade will help in this case, here's the same report for me in 9.3 -

f301d7a1a143b5a5da9e88420373b19e

Hope this helps, feel welcome to submit a separate ticket if you continue to have upgrade issues.

Thanks, Eric

photo

Hi Sam,

Just wanted to confirm it's okay to close this ticket off for now? You can always re-open later by replying here if you run into any issues post upgrade.

Thanks, Eric

photo

Yes, let's close this ticket and I'll re-open if upgrading doesn't fix it.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file