Governance Tool to Review Broadcasts, reports refresh and all recurring tasks

Daniel Marrujo shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hello Team,

Do you know if there is a better way to monitor and Delete trouble broadcasting or refreshing reports.

Here is the business case, we have around 1000 of "broadcast" between report refresh and broadcasting and this is causing performance issues, we know we have Schedule Management, but this do not give us governance information like:

- Long running broadcasts

- Broadcast/reports getting updated so frequently, in minutes, like every 5, 10 or 30 minutes.

We'll like to be able to administer and modify/Delete this kind of broadcasts in bulk.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question. There's a possibility we could include this type of info in a future version of the task manager if that's the ideal solution here.

This type of tool could also probably be built with some queries to the right tables, for example -

Reportbroadcast

reportbroadcastrecipient

reportbroadcast

reporttask

reporttaskparameter

taskschedule

You could also monitor the actions in the task scheduler in DEBUG mode to see everything the delete action does and re-create that process.

Building this type of tool is out of scope for support, but it might be something our consulting team would be able to assist with further. Let me know if you'd be interested in scheduling that type of engagement with your account manager.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Daniel,

Just wanted to check in to make sure you had what you needed here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thanks, this looks good. could you please help me to create an Idea so we can have this extra filtering on the Schedule management in the future?, this will help to have a better management of broadcasts in the future on the same console.

Regards,

Daniel Marrujo

photo

Hi Daniel,

I've gone ahead and added your request to the Audit Content Feature Request task. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll in turn mark this as Idea Logged for now.

Thanks, Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file