BigQuery (BQ) database view is still visible in YF even after it is removed from BQ database

Vefa Gulecyuz shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hey guys, we are connecting to a Big Query (BQ) data source. We have database views in Big Query and we use those db views in Yellowfin to create YF views.

We needed to remove a db view from BQ and created a new one. However, after we removed the db view from BQ, it is still available in YF.

What I expected is that once we remove the db view from BQ, YF view would give us a warning saying that db view is not available anymore and if we want to replace it with another one. YF still thinks that BQ db view is there. When I try to access the data of non-existing BQ db view, YF does not show any data, naturally. (Because there is no such a db view)

I think something went wrong in YF repository db and the non-existing db views are still considered as existing.

Attached is a screenshot showing YF repository db's reportview table. viewid 1940064 is the new view I that want to use and 1914445 is the db view that does not exist anymore in BQ. However this db view still has a status OPEN. I assume that this status should not be OPEN, right?

I did this process in Posgresql db and it worked as expected. It might be related to BQ data source connector.

How can I get over with this problem? Is there somehow caching in YF repo db that did not detect deletion on BQ db view? Can I change simply the status of non existing db view to something other than OPEN without breaking other things?

Replies (2)

photo

Hey guys, any updates on this?

photo

As for BQ data connector, I use this one - odbc drivers.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file