How we can deploy the update in reports for 10 different customers at once?

Pratap Singh shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

HI

I am looking for a solution,

Let me explain the scenario with an example.

Suppose we are having 10 customers and all are using the same set of reports (Standard product reports not changeable by customers), Each customer is having their own BI instance setup.

Is there any way out to roll out the report upgrade for all the customers at once?

upgrade may include changes in existing reports or new reports added or a mix of both.

Thanks & Regards

Pratap

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Pratap,

A solution could possibly be built with some kind of script that connects to all your instances and updates the report on each instance of Yellowfin (I assume you are using multiple instances of Yellowfin, rather than client orgs within a single instance)

There's webservices available to Yellowfin with which you can import content. Check our Wiki page for documentation on them. From there you could create a script.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Yes we are using different instances , not using client organization in single instance.

we are having different customers and each customer will have there own independent instance.

Thanks & Regards

Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap,

Thanks for clarifying. If you need assistance building something I can contact your CSM and look at involving consultancy services.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Pratap,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file