Axes labels are not properly displayed in scatter plot incase of negative values

Sayali shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

I have 2 views V1 and V2 with left outer join. in report i have dragged all the required column from both the views. Now I have to create a calculate field on top of the table fields.

I have created a simple calculated field with case statement. there are 2 fields used in this statement column1 and column2 which are available in the table. This fields is calculated in the master query. so that the case statement should be implied in outer query.

e.g. calculated_field==> case when column1= 'Abc' then -1 else column2 end

select

from

(select column1,column2.... from table1 t1

left join

table2 t2

on t1.column3= t2.column3

)a

and after that i tried to create scatter plot using calculated_field and e.g. column4.

But the axes labels are not showing properly. can you please help me on this.

This is urgent.

Please help me ASAP.

Attaching screenshot for reference.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Sayali,

Thanks for contacting Yellowfin.

Could you share a little more on what your intended result is here, please? We might need to have a look at how you've built the underlying report and what fields you've used in the chart.

Can I ask what settings have you used for the axis labels?

/7e75068c12e595f7b9f704b75c130972

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Sayali,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response. Yes need a bit of your help. Actually the label values are not properly displayed in scatter plot when the values include negative values as well. It some how shows decimal values. which we dont want... we want the labels to be numeric number without decimal values..but the axis labels are rearranging themselves in decimal manner

Thanks & Regards,

Sayali

photo

Hi Sayali,

That could depend on how the field you're plotting on the chart is formatted, either in the view or the report itself. You can also configure formatting here:

/2efbcca264aa6870a10a7ce7b38ac1ba

It would be helpful to see what you're building with a screenshot and if you could, please send over a screenshot of some the data as well.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Sayali,

Hope everything is fine with you.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever want to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file