Is there limit for case statement in calculated field

Sameer Patil shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

Please let me know if there is any limit for case statement in calculated field, when I try creating case statement it is giving me error.process.save message.

If there is any limit how can we increase it.

Regards,

Sameer

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Sameer,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. To my knowledge there is not a limit on the number of case statements permitted, but you may be limited by the column size in the database or the way it handles large strings. We have had issues reported with Oracle databases not being able to store strings with more than 4000 characters (which is a limitation of Oracle itself), and there is an existing enhancement to investigate another way of splitting these large strings up.

If you can provide some more details on the specific use case you are working with, the database type and the Yellowfin version you are using I can do some further investigation for you.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Sameer,

Hope you are well. I wanted to check in to see if you had any more questions on this? If you can provide some more details on the specific use case you are working with, the database type and the Yellowfin version you are using I can do some further investigation for you.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Sameer,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file