Change Broadcast FTP URL in bulk

Nick shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Is there a way to change the Broadcast FTP URL for hundreds of reports?

I'm guessing we would have to manually update the record in ReportBroadcast table?

Thanks,

Nick

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching out. That is correct. If you're changing the Server Hostname all you have to do is update the ServerAddress column in the ReportBroadcast table (and restart YF).

Please let me know how goes and whether you have any follow-up questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Nick,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this. Do you require anything else here?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike.

In the case that we also need to change the password, can we use the below to reset the password so that we can update it via the DB:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/how-can-i-re-encrypt-my-yellowfin-db-password-in-the-web-xml

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

The only way to confirm if it works in this context is to test it. I do not have access to an FTP server where I can change the password on the FTP side so I'm afraid I can't do so on my end. Downloading and executing the jar only takes a minute, then it's just a simple update query using the encrypted output, so the whole thing only takes a few minutes tops (once password is changed FTP side). Then the last step of course is to manually trigger the test Broadcast.

Please let me know how goes.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Nick,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Nick,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file