Turn off Filter Suggestion Prompt

Lex Clay shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi Fishies,

I'm being a bit lazy & tbh I haven't even looked but is there any way I can turn this off?

/55d926c490b0a8ba462b8cc191716ecd

Replies (2)

photo

Hey Lex,

I hope you are well!

Does this box pop up while in the report builder or after publishing/running a report?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Lex, I have just check - and the way to turn this off altogether is via the view builder -

aa6e21d9c14d670c842834f5f775c160

Select N/A, under Mandatory Filter...if this is set to 'suggest'

Let me know if that makes it go away or not :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Yeah that sorted it.

Is Suggest the default option?... I can't imagine any of my guys would have set that to suggest...

If it is default, is there a system setting to default to NA? If there isn't please raise a request to have that added....we have over 100 different filters in a couple of solutions, having to go through and set them to NA every time we build a new environment is going to get old...fast.

photo

Hey Lex,

As far as I am aware, Suggest is not the default option & I do not believe there is a system setting to change these options, because it wouldn't make sense to be able to change all fields to suggest or mandatory, by default. Otherwise there would be a suggestion for every fields to be a filter / or mandatory for every field to be a filter.

N/A should be the default option. Have you checked other fields to see if they are also set as 'suggest'?

If you still want me to raise the request, I will be happy to do so - Let me know :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Lex,

I hope you are well!

I just wanted to check in on this, to see if you received my last response?

If so, would you still like me to create the enhancement ?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Alright mate,

Sorry I thought I'd replied to this one. Close it off...someone must have set it to suggest and forgotten about it, I haven't come across it in any other instance before or since. Apologies for wasting your time.

photo

Hey Lex,

No need to apologise - Your request made me aware of an option that I was not aware of before - Thank you for bringing this feature to my attention!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file