Unable to deselect tags from reports - advanced search in Dashboard builder

Lex Clay shared this problem 3 years ago
Defect Fixed

Feel like I'm bombarding you guys this week...apologies.

YF 9.4.1 Canvas dashboard. Add reports, Advanced search, select tag. Can't deselect so you can't perform any other advanced search.

/10dae8289596b8392da76c3f1660b217

Replies (2)

photo

Hey Lex,

I hope you are well!

Thanks for raising this - I was able to replicate in 9.4.2, so I will raise this with the development team -

e9e982938478d908b38043830021c9c2

Although, there is a workaround to searching all reports again - Click the drop down where it says All Reports > Select a new option and it will stop using the advanced tag search.

In my example here, I selected the drop down > selected 'New' > and then selected 'All reports' again -

35e719426013cb9a4b548dcccb7fa072

However, as you can see, the tag looks like it is still selected and this cannot be 'deselected' - but once changing the option on the drop down list, it should not use the advanced search options anymore.

Let me know if that workaround helps at all :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

I did see that myself but that workaround is a bit useless when you have an environment with hundreds of reports and you need to use any of the options in the advanced search. As soon as you hit that search button, it includes the tag in the search parameters.

photo

Hey Lex,

Yeah that makes sense!

I have now created the development task, as I could not find this already raised with the team. Thanks for bringing this one to our attention!

I have added the Task ID to this ticket for tracking and will mark as defect logged - If you have any further questions about this, please let me know, I am happy to help!

I will update here as and when there is any progress on this defect task.

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Lex,

I hope you have been well :)

I have some good news!

I just wanted to let you know this defect has now been marked as fixed for version 9.6 - not yet available, but hopefully not too long to wait

Would you like me to keep this post open and to update you once 9.6 is released ?

I know you tend to keep an eye out for new releases, but I thought I should ask :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

Is there any idea when 9.6 is due to be released?

photo

I don't yet have an exact date - But it is estimated to be out by mid June :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Bloody hell, right ok...pretty much renders tags less than useless until then, today has not been a good day for YF bug resolution (not your fault). I'll have to figure something else out I guess. May as well close this one, I'll just reopen it in June if it turns out it's not actually been fixed.

photo

Ah, I am sorry this wasn't the best news for you!

Just for some peace of mind, the fix that they have added is the following -

Added two buttons allowing for selecting all, and deselecting all.

And yes, please do reopen if you do have any issues with this in 9.6 !

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo
photo

Hey Lex,

I hope you have been well!

I know this has already been marked as fixed for the upcoming release of 9.6

But I just thought I would let you know, I have tested in a beta build and can confirm the add all & deselect all options are there :)

b5d2e1a8b38b3bf1213357547356ee93

Just underneath the tag box (sorry I haven't got any tags to demonstrate) - but if you would like me to add some tags to demonstrate, let me know :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Morning Lesley,

Nice one thank you...no need to add tags, I get the gist :)

Feel free to close this one off.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file