Consistent cross-tab chart colours

Philip Drew shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I'm working with a crosstab table that looks similar to the following.

From this I am creating a multi-pie chart, one per row which is split into true and false portions. However, what I am unable to do is set the colours for these portions, which is important given this is a report that is drilled down to from similar looking reports, and things become very confusing should those colours switch around as they sometimes do! How would I go about achieving this?

In the chart editor I have been able to hack a solution by setting the series colours (one series is true, the other false - though I don't see how that makes sense!), but upon leaving the chart editor and saving the report the colours switch again.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Philip,

Do you have a few minutes to screen-share today so that you can take me through what you are trying to accomplish, and possibly explore a few ideas? If so, please let me know what time works best for you. I am on United States Mountain Time.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan, sorry for the delayed reply - I'm working part time hours at the moment. I'm available between 1430-1830 GMT+1 tomorrow, and I'm happy to screen share with you then.

Regards,

Philip

photo

Hi Philip,

Tomorrow sounds good. I will send you an invitation for 15:00 GMT+1 / 10:00 MST.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

I'll be on a Linux machine, and from what I can tell your screen share solution won't work on that platform. Any alternatives? I may be able to get hold of a PC, but I cannot be sure till tomorrow.

photo
photo

Hi Philip,

Per our conversation I am going to close this ticket. As I mentioned, in the long run it may be worth looking into increasing the allocated JVM to your instance:

https://portal.yellowfin.bi/YFForum-JVM-Max-Memory-?thread=90378

If you run into any problems or have any other questions, just reply and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file