Multiple Drill Through Reports

Lisa Singh shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

I have a report that visualises the data in four different ways / four charts. I'd like a report with just those fields represented in each chart popup.

From what I can tell you can only do this with one of the chart, because the related content window only has a pane for a single drill through.

I'm guessing I need to have four separate reports with a single chart instead of one report with four charts?

Best Answer
photo

Hey Lisa,

I hope you are well!

Ah, I did not realise you were hoping to add this into a dashboard, co-display reports are generally used instead of dashboards when trying to achieve the multiple display of a drill through report function.

Though, if you do wish to use this on a dashboard, then you can add hyperlinks to the fields you wish to drill through to, and when clicking on the hyperlink, it will drill through to the table/chart you have configured the link to showHere is a link to our wiki that has more information on how to use dashboard drill analysis

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Replies (1)

photo

Hey Lisa,

I hope you are well & have a great 2021 !

Just to confirm, this is a single report while x amount of fields and each of the 4 charts have difference fields from that one report to display the results in a chart canvas?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Thank you Lesley, hope you're also having a good new year so far.

Yes that's exactly correct. One large report, 4 charts on the same canvas representing different fields/aggregations.

photo

Hey Lisa,

Thanks for confirming :)

I have since looked into this and it does look like, in order to get the results you desire, you would need to create 4 separate reports, however, you can add these to a co-display report, so all 4 charts can all be displayed in the 1 co-display report :)

If you click here you can find our yellowfin wiki page that goes into more detail about Co-Display reports + steps on how to create these :)

Let me know your thoughts on this - I hope it helps!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Lisa,

I hope you are well!

I Just wanted to check in here with you, to see if you received my last response & if it helped at all?

Let me know :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley - oh thank you! I hadn't considered doing a co-display report. Would the best way to do that be start with one chart as the "master" and then the other three to that? I guess I'll read the link and get back if I need more help. Thank you for the help.

photo

Hey Lisa,

Yep exactly! So you will have your main report > And then in the co-Display section you have the box specific to where you place your Drill Through reports > then you can link them up, when selecting the reports that you have placed into the drill through section (you can place many in 1 section), a panel on the right hand side shows up, where you link up the fields/ filters etc etc.

Let me know how that works out for you, or if you get stuck at any point - I will be happy to help! :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

The co-display worked really well, although once you add a report to a Dashboard the co-display report disappears. So 50% success I guess. :-)

photo

Hey Lisa,

I hope you are well!

Ah, I did not realise you were hoping to add this into a dashboard, co-display reports are generally used instead of dashboards when trying to achieve the multiple display of a drill through report function.

Though, if you do wish to use this on a dashboard, then you can add hyperlinks to the fields you wish to drill through to, and when clicking on the hyperlink, it will drill through to the table/chart you have configured the link to showHere is a link to our wiki that has more information on how to use dashboard drill analysis

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Actually, using it instead of a dashboard isn't a bad idea...hmmm

photo

Let me know if you have any further questions about this, Lisa

I am happy to help :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Lisa,

As you have not responded with any further questions, I will go ahead and mark this one as Answered - Reopen if you need to, I am happy to help :)

I hope you have a great weekend !

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file