Add 'Global' Filters

John-Arne Stokkan shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

Client would like the ability to create filters independently based on data sources (not related to reports), and adding these filters to dashboards and linking them to elements (or re-use across reports).

For a way to set up hierarchies and filters that can be used in any report or dashboard even if the report does not share the same data source?

Thanks

Replies (4)

photo

Hey John-Arne,

I hope you are well!

This idea has now been raised with the development team and I have added the development task ID to this idea, so I can keep track of the progress - and all updates regarding this idea will be posted here :)

I will go ahead an mark this as 'Idea Logged' - I hope thats ok!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley. Yes, absolutely. Thank you for this.

Kind regards

John-Arne

photo
photo

Explanation of the idea...

Create global filters with their own hierarchy based on a datasource. These filters can be applied to any dashboard and linked to multiple items by linking matching dimension. A global filter can be added to any dashboard and be used to filter any reports/items that can be linked, even where the items have different data source as long as they share the same dimension values.

Thanks.

photo

It would also be good for a global date filter, where the user can create custom date hierarchy without a data source and thus avoid the need of creating a date table in the database.

photo

Hey John-Arne,

I have gone and added your explanation and additional note for the date filter to the development task!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file