How to migrate Yellowfin 7.35 database to new server running Yellowfin 8.06

Dennis Loos shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello,

On the current production server lets call this server A I am running Yellowfin 7.35. I have migrated the Yellowfin ROOT folder to a new server let call this server B and I have upgraded Yellowfin on the server B to Yellowfin 8.06. This is running without any problems.

At the start of the migration I have exported the MySQL Yellowfin (7.35) database from server A to server B. During the migration there have been changes on server A. This means that the modifications that are made on server A during the migration are not included on server B. To make sure that the configuration on server A and B are identical, I want to migrate the Yellowfin database from server A (Yellowfin 7.35) to server B (Yellowfin 8.06).

I am wondering if it is possible to export the Yellowfin 7.35 database and import it into the Yellowfin 8.06 database without any problems. If not, what would be the best practice to do so.

Thank you.

Dennis

Best Answer
photo

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question.

There are many changes that have been made to the Yellowfin Configuration DB in the years between 7.35 and 8.0.6 - with new features we add new tables, columns, etc...

What I would recommend in this case, would be to (after making a copy of the environment) run the 8.0.6 patch installer on system using the DB Only upgrade parameter. More information can be found in our Wiki -

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Patch+Installer#PatchInstaller-UpdatingaSpecificComponent

This should get the Configuration DB updated to 8.0.6, which will then be compatible with the 8.0.6 application. You can verify the Schema Version matches the application version on the info.jsp page.

Does this sound like a good way forward here?

Thanks,

Eric

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question.

There are many changes that have been made to the Yellowfin Configuration DB in the years between 7.35 and 8.0.6 - with new features we add new tables, columns, etc...

What I would recommend in this case, would be to (after making a copy of the environment) run the 8.0.6 patch installer on system using the DB Only upgrade parameter. More information can be found in our Wiki -

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Patch+Installer#PatchInstaller-UpdatingaSpecificComponent

This should get the Configuration DB updated to 8.0.6, which will then be compatible with the 8.0.6 application. You can verify the Schema Version matches the application version on the info.jsp page.

Does this sound like a good way forward here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Yes, this sounds like good way to migrate the YF Database without reconfiguring the entire YF environment

Thank you.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file