Ability to configure default View Performance Options

Rafeef Basna shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

Is there a way to set default configuration on creating a view in yellowfin, so whenever we create a view, we will get the following configuration by default 

• View Row Limit = 100 
  • Auto Refresh turned off
  • Show Duplicate Records turned on

--

Regards,

Rafeef Basna

Database Developer@paf

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Rafeef,

Thanks for reaching out. There's currently no way to configure default values for the View Options > View Performance settings.

That said, it's relatively straight-forward updating these values in bulk once View's are created. This can be accomplished via the following queries:

UPDATE ReportView SET ViewRowLimit = '100' WHERE ViewId = '<yourViewId>';
UPDATE ReportView SET AutoRefresh = '0' WHERE ViewId = '<yourViewId>';
UPDATE ReportView SET ShowDuplicates = '1' WHERE ViewId = '<yourViewId>';
If you'd like these to be the default values when creating View's this would require submitting a product enhancement, which involves generating an Idea in the Community as well as submitting an Enhancement Request internally for the Product Team to consider further. Would you like me to go ahead and convert this from a private Ticket to a public Idea item and submit an enhancement request?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thank you Mike for your reply.

Having Auto refresh turned off by default is surely a thing that would help a lot because it is disturbing to our users.

Showing duplicates records turned on is something that impacts the performance since it is adding unnecessary distinct to the query and makes it slower.

Please go ahead and open a product idea

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 11:21 PM Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi> wrote:

photo

Hi Rafeef,

Sounds good. I do think this is a valid enhancement request, so I've gone ahead and changed this to an idea item and submitted an enhancement request.

Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file