Formatting a report with charts

JonT shared this problem 3 years ago
Defect Fixed

I have a report that yields about 21,600 lines and 6 charts for an entire month's worth of data. In the report, there is data for CPU, memory, HDD percents and network bandwidth utilization. I have done a LOT of testing to get this to work correctly, to the point that I limited the data to 3 days and added each chart one at a time. I get to about 4 and the table data and reports start to overlap. There doesn't seem to be a place where the table data gets pushed to the next page after the last chart, it just overlaps. The only thing I have found that works is to set the canvas area for the charts to be around 6,000 (about 2,000 pixels(?) larger than the actual needed space for the charts).

Looking for guidance on where to make changes or things that can be done that will either automatically move the table data to the next page or simply just format it as expected. I have tried with A0-A5 and all the other page formats and portrait/landscape orientation.

These are the settings we have for export, but I have tried to adjust these to get a different outcome.

/fa1de1941651433e6c55602f5aa713d6

We are on version 7.4 and are limited to application updates based on the current vendor's integration to the product. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to best format a report with charts to prevent this from happening, that would be appreciated.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Simon,

The purpose of the report will be emailed to users at the end of the month providing charts for the data represented in the table (rows of performance data). The version information is in an attachment in this thread.

Here is a screenshot of the issue. I deleted the sensitive info, but the issue with the graph is effectively seen in the screenshot.

/b6f411bbee2ee7771e2e420087f62f76

You can see that the last graph (in this instance) is pushed well below the second to last graph.

The settings for the canvas that yield this result is below.

/0f16226c0c383e3ec82fc2e2a3e44b71

I had to adjust the canvas to these settings to push the table data below the report. The additional 2400 pixels was simply to push the table data down far enough. The first page of the report is the report header and the first chart does not show until the second page with 6 charts. With 1-2 charts, the charts will show on the first page and I believe it does not overlap the table data until the 4th chart.

/f15ff630446c70146f7fc661740155b0

This is the screenshot of the settings that "work".

/6975115d8d918a322f40d6eaf7892029

photo

Sorry Simon, I meant to get to this Friday and did not have time to get to it.

We work through the vendor for updates, so I will see what version we are migrating to in the next release. Hopefully we will move beyond 7 and to 9.

Thank you for looking into this and confirming the defect. Again, I apologize for my late response.

Thanks again!

photo

Hi Simon,

Is this issue resolved now in latest versions?

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Simon,

Any time frame when it will get resolved or any workaround you can provide us.

Regards,

Aruna

Leave a Comment

Attach a file